Hey guys, guess who just turned 9? If you guessed George, G$ or Duke, you’re correct. If you were like, what? Weren’t you just a baby like a minute ago? You’re also correct.
What’s it like turning 9 during a pandemic? Let’s just say when my mom asked where I’d go if I could go anywhere in the world, I said, “Someplace without Corona.” Waaaa, waaaa. It’s not all bad news though. Here’s what I had to say about a few other things, including my favorite color (it’s a rollercoaster ride, peeps, strap in), my future career, and how great my life is (spoiler alert: really, really great).
Here’s a little snapshot of things I like, not necessarily in order*:
- My Mom
- My Dad
- Rosie (just kidding, Hazy, or am I?)
- Parmesan cheese
- Talking about Minecraft
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Movie Night
- Playing “I love you,” “I love you more,” “I love you more more,” etc with Mom either via hand squeezes or verbally.
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Recounting forgettable moments from movies and HISHE clips with, “Remember when…” a la Chris Farley.
- Playing games with my family (Uno, Connect Four & Monopoly)
- Ice Cream
- Koi (my friend’s guinea pig)
- Remote-controlled things
- Not wearing pants
Yours, George (Duke)
*if you’re a narc, but pretty much in order
p.s. Jennifer Waddell took those photos of me.
Pingback: The pandemic has aged me. | bertandduke