So much so, that I’m a decade old now. Remember when I was 3 and I wanted to be Hazy when I grew up? Haha, so young and naive. [Don’t tell anyone, but I still want to be Hazy when I grow up.] Here are the answers to all the burning questions I know you wanted to ask me:
I know what you’re saying: that’s it? That’s all the George we get? Have no fear, here are 25 other things you didn’t know about me:
- I’m a piano prodigy. I’ve taught myself to play the themes from Star Wars, Minecraft and Among Us.
- I don’t like being alone upstairs. I will go upstairs alone, but I don’t *like* it.
- I could spend all day bobbing in the ocean.
- I love dogs, especially my two.
- I want my own pet, preferably a monkey, a snake, or a bird. Mom says maybe I can get a fish.
- I scoff at the idea that there are 90 servings of parmesan cheese in a family-size container. There are 20 max.
- I’ve been known to polish off a bottle of “kid wine” (sparkling cider) in one sitting.
- I sleep 10-11 hours a night but still have a hard time waking up in the morning.
- I have (self) published several books, including, “Dada, The Super Farter” (a semi-biography) and “Terror in New York City” (in which I play a secret agent-in-training with a British accent).
- I wear athletic pants and a t-shirt pretty much every day in the cold weather months.
- I’m meh on pizza.
- My favorite vacation ever was going to this place called Grand Oasis in Tulum because it had all my favorite things: a pool, the ocean, and an all-you-can-eat buffet. They also had a swim-up bar in the kids’ pool where I ordered a “pina colada, no boobs.” I may have misheard something. Also, I was like 6 at the time.
- I leave my socks all over the place – on the dogs’ crates, on the coffee table, on the living room floor.
- I love board games, in theory.
- I get really, really mad when I lose at board games.
- I almost always forget something. There’s a sign on our front door that says, “George, wear a mask!” but I still often forget my mask.
- I’m so over Covid.
- I always order the same thing at Dudo’s (Dunkin): two bacon, egg & cheese wake up wraps and a sixer of munchkins.
- My favorite avenger is Tony Stark, hands down.
- I rarely make my bed.
- I would like to get my ears pierced.
- I ran my first ever race this year. It was a 5k, the longest I’ve ever run. I got a cramp at one point and had to walk a bit with my dad, but I finished (and I beat my sister).
- I love the poems of Shel Silverstein.
- I’m learning Italian on Duolingo.
- When I was around 5, I asked a beautiful woman on the subway, “Guess what?” When she replied, “What?” I said, “I love you.” I’m a charmer like that.
Still not enough George?
Here’s 4-year old me, who restated the question, “What is the meaning of life?” as “You mean, what is my favorite drink?”
And 5-year old me, who did a sweet rendition of “Shut Up and Dance.”
6-year old me told truly horrible jokes.
When I was 7, I debated the merits of Paul Blart Mall Cop vs Paul Blart Mall Cop II.
Titanic was “close enough” to my favorite movie when I was 8.
At age 9, kids were not yet off the table.
Here’s to double digits –